Total Development Time So Far: 33 hours
Total Development Time Left: 3 hours
Its coming down to the crunch now, but I’m feeling quite optimistic.
Finish off Combat Mechanics/AI
- Death Screen
- Help Screen
Current Music: Wynton Marsalis – Septet at the Village Vangard
Total Development Time So Far: 32 hours
Four hours left, and I have the following to implement:
- Finish off Combat Mechanics/AI
- Death Screen
- Help Screen
I’ve decided to ditch wands for now. I don’t have time to finish. Then I will have to package the game.
Current Music: Esoteric – The Pernicious Enigma
Total Development Time So Far: 30 hours
I have 6 hours coding time left. And a lot of work to to!
Total Development Time So Far: 28 hours
Err, due to prior engagements I got little done today, apart from setting up the dungeon stack (10 levels and then the boss) and stair handling. 😦
Total Development Time So Far: 27 hours
I spoke too soon of finishing the inventory – I found some nasty bugs that took a while to squelch. But its now finished:
That’s the good news. The bad news, is that monster coding is nowhere near finished, and I really needed it to be done today to keep on track to my schedule (which I set out here, back in Day #2, which seemed like a lifetime ago).
(as they say).
Looks like it is going to be a late night tomorrow night!
Current Music: Burzum – Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
(*incidentally, I’ve noticed my coding music habits during the week have changed: at the beginning, it was quite mellow and relaxing…and now, I’ve resorted to Black Metal. That tells a story all of its own!)
Total Development Time So Far: 25 hours
Inventory Coding is now done:
A few bits and bobs remain to be coded on item handling, but I’ve also started work on monster generation and combat. Time is getting short, as I’m out all day tomorrow, so I may end up having to code most of Saturday night/Sunday morning, and code all the way through to the deadline on Sunday evening (at 6pm), a prospect I’m not looking forward to.
Current Music: Black Sabbath – Sabotage
Total Development Time So Far: 20 hours
Slowly, but surely I’m getting there.
Item handling is now in, and I’ve almost finished inventory coding, and I’m just tidying up a lot of the code innards:
I’ve decided to cut out magic (other than wands) from the 7DRL version, in order to try and get it done on time. But it will be in the first non-7DRL version!
Tomorrow then will involve finishing off the inventory and coding monsters/combat.
The monster selection will be small: 10 normal types, 1 per level of the dungeon, although each will have several different types, and a few special themed monsters. I’ll be reusing the monster stats/handling/combat model from Kharne (which is in itself a ripoff of D20), to speed things up, implementation-wise.
Current Music: Evereve – Stormbirds